Town of Stonewall


Occupational License & Permitting


Occupational License

Any person operating a business, trade, profession, occupation, vocation, or calling within the incorporated limits of the Town of Stonewall must file for an Occupational License.

Any person who goes door-to-door, or place to place, or store to store, exposing and selling merchandise must file for a Peddlers' License (using the same application as occupational license).

All documents are located at the bottom of this page. If you have any questions, contact the Town Hall at (318) 925.9338 or email the Town Clerk at townclerk@thetownofstonewall.com.


Road Permits

All loads exceeding 16,000 lbs. traveling on the Town of Stonewall Road System must have road permits. Any load that exceeds 58,000 lbs. must contact the Town Hall for permission from the Mayor. A copy of the Road Permit Application is located at the bottom of this page.

Mobile home movers and cement truck drivers must notify the Town Hall before going down Town roads. All cement truck loads must not exceed 8 yards. 

If you do not have a permit you will be issued a citation for traveling on the Town Roads.

If traveling strictly on U.S. Highway 171 & Highway 3276, a Town of Stonewall road permit is not needed. If you have any questions, contact the Town Hall at (318) 925.9338 or email to townhall@thetownofstonewall.com.

Road over 58,000 lbs.  

call Town Hall for permit & route

Road All trucks over 26,001 lbs.

$25.00 Six Month Permit

$50.00 One Year Permit




Building Permits

Any new commercial or residential construction or additions/modifications of existing structures must apply for a building permit. 

A copy of the Building Permit Policy & Procedure is located at the bottom of this page. 

Citizens can go online to www.mygovernmentonline.org to apply for building permits, request inspections, submit files, download inspection reports and approved plans, check the status of a permit, and much more. 

Any property with new construction that is not located in an approved subdivision must have a plat listing the amount of acreage for the parcel of land from the DeSoto Parish Tax Assessor's Office. 

If you are installing a culvert: Minimum Size of Culvert 18 inches by 20 foot long. Some culverts may need to be larger.

Please call the Town Hall at (318) 925.9338 or email to townhall@thetownofstonewall.com